Maggie’s Café and Restaurant is a family run business, established in 1983 by husband and wife team Maggie and Monid Khondoker then taken on by sons Oliver and Anthony Khondoker in January 2004.
Our mission statement is simple:
“To treat our customers with warmth and sincerity and make each dining experience as good as, if not better than the last, by providing a friendly service, good quality home cooked food in a clean and fresh environment and all this at a reasonable price!”
In fact Maggie’s Cafe and Restaurant has become such a part of local life that Maggie herself has featured in the ‘Lewisham Life’ exhibition and had coverage in the Docklands Light Railway’s (DLR)
“Locals and office workers cram out Maggie’s at lunchtime for her warm Irish welcome and cheap hearty meals. Food is traditional, not fancy, and designed to suit all appetities, from a sandwich or spud to a fry up or comfort food such as cottage pie, bangers and mash or even boiled bacon and cabbage.
Sweet-toothed diners are also well catered for- spotted dick, syrup sponge and fruit crumble (with custard of course) are all menu regulars.
Licensed and open until 8pm weekdays, it’s even a good bet for early dinner if you can’t face cooking after a hard days work. But what really sets Maggie’s apart form the average Café is its friendly atmosphere. With smiling efficient staff and free top-ups of tea and coffee, it feels like a home away from home.”
- Lewisham Council – Good Hygeine Award
- South London Press – Big Brekkie Award
- Mercury – Pride of Place Award
- Evening Standard Nomination for the – London Restaurant Awards
- Fusion Radio nomination as the – Best Café in South London (Jan ’05)
- Lewisham Business Award – Finalists for Best Customer Service Award
- Blackheath Business Directory – Restaurant of the month
- Time Out